Tetsuo Wada (Japanese: 和田テツオ, Wada Tetsuo) is a recurring chracter in Taiko no Tatsujin series. He is a member of the Wada household.
Tetsuo is a human boy who had the idiot hair (ahoge) on top of his hair.
He is usually seen wearing headband and happi coat while he participates to the festival.
Tetsuo is somewhat a brat and he is too much for anyone in the neighbor to handle. Despite this, he is very kind of his grandpa.
He attends the taiko drum class for taiko drum lessons, but frequently skips class to participates the festival. Despite this, he is very good in sports and taiko drum skill.
Tetsuo is the boy in the Wada household, and is the grandson to Kiyoshi.
He and Hana are childhood friend.
In the game
Tetsuo is one of the randomly-selected dancers in the game.
However, a much greater surprise awaits him and Kiyoshi: The Wada household is now filled with various animals! Both him and Kiyoshi then scolding Katsu for bring them into the house, but upon looking at the animals, they immediately grew attached to them by their cuteness.
In other media
Being a straight man in the group, Tetsuo is a victim of some shenanigans, which includes but not limited to:
- He was almost forced to dive into the tub full of black ink by Ika.
- He got his pants cut off by Yomogimaru at the beach.
- Due to Don and co. playing with fire, they got ambushed by Hana's air-pressure punch that also extinguished the fire. (Something Tetsuo thought it would be ridiculous.)
- He got put into some weird-looking costumes by Hana.
- He, Don and Katsu got burned by Ralco's fire breath by accident inside his Teppanyaki shop.
- Ha was used as a human shield by Hana to shield herself from Mecha-Don's attack.
- "I mean, there's many of them!" - Tetsuo, along with granpa Kiyoshi, are angry toward Katsu because he brings so many animals into the Wada household.
- "This is basically brainwashing!" - Tetsuo, after hearing Ralco's explaining, calls out Princess Soprano's rapping as such.