|First included in||Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version|
|Released||August 8, 2012|
|Genre(s)||J-pop (Anime song)|
|Lyrics by||Shou Watanabe|
|Composed by|| Shou Watanabe|
Yoshinori 'Toku' Abe
|In fictional works|
|Featured in|| Sword Art Online (TV anime, first season)|
Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (PlayStation Portable)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4 (Re:Hollow Fragment))
|Type|| Ending theme song (Ep. 25)|
Opening theme song (Ep. 1 to 14, Infinity Moment, Hollow Fragment, Re:Hollow Fragment)
"crossing field" is a song performed by LiSA.
About the song
Both the full-size and TV-size versions of the song were included in the regular version and anime limited press version of the single CD of the same name respectively that were released on August 8, 2012. It was LiSA's second major single and was later included in her first major album "Landspace", which was released on October 30, 2013.
The single, upon its release, reached 5th place in Oricon singles weekly chart, 10th place in Billboard JAPAN Hot 100 chart, 4th place in Billboard JAPAN Hot Singles Sales chart and 2nd place in Billboard JAPAN Hot Animation chart, all of which were on the first week of August 2012. As of February 2017, the downloads of the single had reached 500,000 hits worldwide.
It was used as the first opening theme song for the first season of the TV anime adaptation of the light novel series Sword Art Online, as well as the opening theme song for its video game adaptations. (Infinity Moment for PlayStation Portable and its remake Hollow Fragment on PlayStation Vita and later PlayStation 4 as Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment.)
List of games
- Taiko no Tatsujin: White Version (JP ver.0.13 / SEA ver.0.05)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Red Version
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Yellow Version
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Blue Version
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Green Version (Removed on December 2, 2019)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version (Debut)
- Taiko no Tatsujin Plus / Plus: Shinkyoku Tori Houdai! (Subscription-exclusive DLC. Formerly regular DLC on iOS version until Match 26, 2018) (Added May 20, 2016 for iOS version, January 31, 2019 for Android version)
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (DLC)
- Please be aware that the following is for the TV-size version of the song as it was originally featured in the anime/video game series.
|Japanese Kanji||Japanese Rōmaji||English Translation|
- An English version of the song, with lyrics written by Seiji Motoyama, was included in LiSA's 7th major single, "Shirushi", which was released on December 13th, 2014. Said single includes the title song of the same name that was used as the the first ending theme of Sword Art Online II and third ending theme in the series.
- It should be noted that however, the English version of "crossing field" wasn't included in Taiko no Tatsujin series; only the Japanese version was used.